2/21/2015

More Ribbon Folding

I'm hoping Susie W. is reading this post because this is one of the folded ribbons she did when I was visiting in January and I just love it...  It is actually two ribbons folded together at the same time to get the two-color effect.One ribbon is some of the seam binding  we dyed pink.  Once I applied it to a seam and embellished it, it is even more spectacular...

 
Last week I received another batch of folded ribbons from her...  Aren't I lucky that she likes doing these when she is settled in the evening?  Do notice the polka dot one near the bottom as I will use it as soon as possible...

7 comments:

shirley said...

These ribbons are just beautiful, I would love to learn how to do them.

gocrazywithme said...

You are very lucky! Wonderful ribbons!

Marilyn said...

Those ribbons are so pretty. I'm so glad you mentioned the technique and that I found a decent book on it. And I'm glad I mentioned the Singer bird blocks and that you found me a whole set. I feel like we are part of a team - I love the internet for that. Lucky you to have Susie as part of your team too :). I haven't had time to try ribbon folding yet. I don't think they would fit on my bird blocks but the next project I have in mind will be great for them.

Suztats said...

The ribbons look wonderful. Love the texture and shine they add. Adding the flowers on top= fabulous!

Susie Wolfe said...

I'm reading it now ...... was in Phoenix dancing all weekend. I'm just happy that you like the ribbons as I do enjoy making them in the evenings. Let's face facts tho ..... what makes them look great is the stitching you do. Love, love the little rosebuds ..... the perfect touch!!
Love, Susie

Susan Elliott said...

Yay Susie!! She is one fine friend. I love the two-toned effect with the little ribbon embroidery on it. That ones going in the inspiration file for sure.

Unknown said...

This is really looks wonderful. I want to learn this technique

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts