10/28/2015

An owl came to visit!!!

As I was passing the kitchen window at dusk I was literally stunned to see a great horned owl only feet away in the maple tree right outside the kitchen window..   I was trying to get these pictures through the kitchen window and, besides the fact it was getting so dark so fast, the sunset was reflecting in the glass. 


I lightened  one picture and you can see it turned its head and stared right at me

I love owls and often see them hunting if I walk at dusk.  Having one this close was so special.




 
 
When I was sorting projects the other day I ran across this sampler from Sharon Boggins' class.  I have always loved it and want to do something special with it....BUT WHAT?  Recently I was gifted this purple blanket binding and lovely velvet ribbon..  Maybe that will inspire me.

And then I have baskets of RR blocks just waiting...

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

My favourite birds are owls and loons. How lucky you are to be able to see this one up close. We used to have a cabin at Horne Lake on Vancouver Island and DH and DS were sitting outside by the campfire one evening when there was a horrible screech owl. Never saw 2 guys run into the cabin so quickly - we finally figured out it was a screech owl. And of course we used to hear the loons all the time. Looks like you are ready to settle in for winter and stitch. I have a whole bunch of blocks ready to work on too. Happy stitching.

margaret said...

how lucky to have the owl visit and to spot it, he certainly seemed to be posing for you. The crazy block definitely needs to be completed, I expect like me you are waithing for Sharon`s book to be printed.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What an incredible thing to see that owl so close and be able to get pictures. The closest I've come to seeing an owl was a couple of years ago when a snowy was hanging around the local airport and I spotted him (her?) up in a tree. Too far away for a decent photo unfortunately.

Susan Elliott said...

Wow!!!You had a special visit! Many ancient cultures see the owl as the symbolic keeper of the underworld. The seer of souls, able to connect this life and the next. Wisdom, mystery, transition, messages, mysticism, protection, intelligence and secrets are all symbolic meanings attributed to an owl visit...

Just wonderful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts