10/31/2015

In the nick of time!

I did indeed finish October's block on the very last day of October... 


The cream colored folded ribbon lower left was my least favorite of all the folded ribbons Susie and I did and it was the very devil to attach to the block.. or embellish...  It was supposed to look like the ribbon on the right.  It just doesn't look right and was too much trouble.  I will cross it off my list.






The ribbon "thing" upper right was supposed to look like the lower one on the left which was done with ribbon a different color on each side.  I tried to use TWO different colored ribbons and it was just to bulky.  I ended up adding some silk ribbon embellishment to it.  I like the fold well enough that I'll watch for a ribbon which will work better.


Now that I see the entire block on the screen I'm going to find some 15s and add them to the lace rose.

I use these CQJP block as testing pieces for various things... In this case I was using cotton pearl I have had for ages.. (wheels by bottom of image)  but it was heavier than I like to work with and probably won't use it again..  If these were RR blocks and going to someone else I am less likely to experiment.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm glad you posted a bigger picture - now I can see what is on the painted button :). I'll remember your comments on the folded ribbon at the bottom when I get time to try some of it. The blocks I'm working on just don't lend themselves to much ribbon. But I did learn to needle tat a dragon that is going to go on one of them :)

margaret said...

what a beauty, I so admire you ribbon work it makes the bloc even more special and the forgetmeknot is lovely too, they seem to think it is spring here not autumn I have forgetmeknots popping up all over the garden and have not planted any!

Susan Elliott said...

Where would we be if we weren't always stretching ourselves and trying new things. It is our life's work after all. Congratulations on finishing October in October!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I tried making that same ribbon as the one you dislike and mine looked pretty much exactly as yours does. It wasn't my favourite at the time and I haven't tried doing any more since. I used it in one of my blocks, but it's not one I will repeat, despite really liking the original as it was shown. Having said that, I really like your block overall!!

gocrazywithme said...

I was just thinking I liked the cream colored ribbon! I see what you mean about it not looking like the one on the right, but has it ever occurred to you that you might have invented a new fold-design?
Love the blocks and all the folded ribbon designs. I'm wishing I had time to work on a few....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts