11/10/2015

Bite the bullet time!!!

I have a couple big bags and a couple drawers of silk ribbon that look just like this.  Not all my fault as much of it I bought as lots on e-bay and it came like this....cheap but a mess.  But I have to admit I hate, hate, hate those little cards and winding ribbon around them..






I still am still ecstatic over my solution to organizing my floss (I hated those little cards also). Thanks to JMB as she had her ribbons on rings.  It has been over a year and I am still over-the-moon happy with it.  Of course it took me several months to get it all on rings but now I am going to do the same thing with my ribbons.  I have the second part of the same shoe rack to use as well but the one for the threads is only about 3' tall.  For the ribbons I am going to look for a floor lamp, dismantle the lamp part and mount the shoe rack on the pole.  I should be about 50" tall to stand behind the back side of my stitching table.  I figure it will take most of the winter.



















I'm off to London on Thursday... DH has his list of sites which includes lots of museums, galleries and churches.  My list includes many antique shops, markets, RSN at Hampton Court, Victoria and Albert Museum, and looking for buttons as well.  Found two shops on the internet... The Button Lady in Hampstead and the Button Queen on Portabello Rd.  Know of any others?


DH and I will meet up in the afternoon for a meal at one of the old pubs on our list...

7 comments:

margaret said...

this is such a good way to store both threads and ribbon best of luck with sorting those ribbons out when you get back from the UK. I think you would love Libertys shop if you have time, sorry cannot help re button shops, have a lovely time such a good idea splitting p and doing what you want to do

Marie-Odile Bernez said...

Hello Rose,

I'll be happy to read about your impressions of London, especially if you can get to the School of Needlework in Hampton Court. I have a dream of doing a course there some time, so i'd like to have your feelings. Are you sure you will be able to get scissors or needles on the plane? I know within Europe, they are very harsh on those items! Best wishes, enjoy your stay! a faithful follower of your blog!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a great idea! What did you use for the rings?

Have a great trip ~ FlowerLady

Sarah Aldrich said...

Gerri, you may not see this comment until you get back, but in case you check email again before you go, HAVE FUN!!!!! I am jealous as I have not had any kind of vacation in a decade 0 the perils of being self employed I guess. I know you will want to, but don't overdo!!

Marilyn said...

I still love your system for the threads and ribbons as I too hate winding them on little cards - total waste of my time. For now I have my threads (or at least I'm working on them) on the tops from hanging file folders with holes punched in them. I follow Jen Goodwin's blog and see all the lovely classes and the pix of the buildings. Lucky you :). Have a great time.

Susan Elliott said...

Love your ribbon idea!

Have a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear what you've found and what adventures you've had. Safe travels!! xoxo Susan

Shirlee Fassell said...

Hope you have a wonderful time I London! Thinking of you just.... just found a great book on ribbon trim. It's called Ribbon Trim by Nancy Nehring and its on Amazon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts