11/09/2015

On a jet plane

We are leaving on Thursday for London for 8 days...  This trip had been planned for months for our anniversary and the first trip we've taken abroad  in 10 years.  As my recovery has been so slow we talked about cancelling it, but in the end decided to go and I'll just do what I can...  I started packing today and the first thing of course is what needlework to take.  I put the corset ads on the page linings and will take them along and embellish in airports etc.

I do want to get to Hampton Court Palace to see the Royal School of Needlework and the Victoria and Albert Museum for textiles, clothing and other decorative arts..  DH has a long list and will tear around at full speed to museums, churches, and galleries.  I will putter through antiques malls and markets hoping to find some interesting buttons and lace....  We will meet late afternoon and eat pub grub.

We live high on an open prairie and have always enjoyed both spectacular sunsets AND sunrises but the sunrise a couple days ago was breath taking. 
Sunsets are long and like kaleidoscopes as they constantly changed hues and shapes.  But sunrises are rapid and you best not sleep too long in the morning or you will miss it..

3 comments:

margaret said...

Have a wonderful trip, certainly you have the 2 best places to visit on your list. Wish I was nearer so I could pop down and meet you!It is very mild I will have my fingers crossed that it stays that way for you but come prepared for the cold too.

Susie Wolfe said...

I will be thinking of you all the time. Hoping you both have the best time ever. I'm sure my favorite "Queen of the Thrift Stores" will be using her talents to find fabulous buttons, lace and heaven only knows what else. Have a wonderful anniversary celebration .....

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hope you have an absolutely marvelous time! We will be expecting a full report when you return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts