1/20/2016

Almost done

I know I said I would photograph how I did the bird and I had every intention of doing a step=by-step but I got started and so caught up that I forgot all together.  I promise to do the next one in steps.

It is done except for the beak and will be about here on the block.  I will also add a branch and legs and feet once it is appliqued on the block.

The lace I painted gold for the wing was a orange/rust piece to begin with..  I painted it gold, added a gold rub and then a tad of glitter.  At first it was too big so I removed it, cut it much smaller and was happy with it.  As I look at it now I want to move the perky little tail a little further back.... but all in all I am delighted with it and eager to try another bird next month...

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

So cute. I can see why you were too caught up in the making to take pictures :)

margaret said...

such a pretty bird you have created here you are one very talented lady

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There is absolutely no question that it's a wee little wren, so you should be very happy with your stitching. Now I'm hopeful you will do the waxwing too....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts