4/27/2016

Alas!!!

My garden is still large enough that I can't do all the weeding by hand so I have this "Gerry-rigged" helper.  It is an old hand-pull golf bag cart... When people actually walked around the course.  I never see these anymore at thrift stores but I have found them extremely useful.

I just strapped on a large nursery pot and my two gallon sprayer fits perfectly and it rolls nicely along behind me on the paths and drives.  But even still I end up hefting the tank a lot in areas that the wheels won't go and the tank is heavy.  The older I get the harder it is to keep up with the weeds and the heavier the tank gets.




But when we were driving home yesterday I saw this... Instantly I knew this is exactly what I needed.  It would be the perfect solution.

So the minute I got home I got on the internet and searched through all the garden equipment sites.












I found a wide variety of back-pack sprayers in all sizes and colors but unfortunately I didn't find a single one that came with a man attached.

5 comments:

grbev said...

That was funny! Made me smile a lot! Thanks from Utah, Bev

peggy said...

I share those garden difficulties, every year something gets to be impossible for me to do. I don't understand it, because only a few years ago, it was a piece of cake.
I am thinking about getting a reel mower, my old power mower is so heavy it couldn't be much harder to push one of those. I have planted so many flowers there are only paths left anyway. You are really funny, so if you find where to get that man to go with the sprayer, let me know.

Marilyn said...

Too funny :). Good luck in your search

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good one Gerry!1 I've never seen a back pack sprayer in our local stores. I bought 2 1 gallon sprayers while on sale at Menard's. Between spraying and wielding the hedge trimmer to cut down the decorative grasses my back and arms are killing me. I need me that sprayer guy!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh, I forgot...cool idea with the golf cart. I'm thinking I must have something around here I can rig mine to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts