4/25/2016

Crossing the finish line soon...

Once I started noticing that how blocks are finished is as important as stitching the blocks, there is no going back.  I am compelled to go a bit further with the finishing of each project now.  When I finished the pages in the corset books I trimmed each page with the same lace.  This time each page is receiving its own unique edging.



I'm having to really dig deep into my stash to find just the right thing... but I already know that I will love it.  It just seems the appropriate way to finish these pages.
 

And I did get the knitted lace on the front cover.  I bought that knitted lace to use on my vest but I really didn't like the way all the tips on the points curled up and recurled no matter how I pressed them... But on the cover of this book  I love the curly tips...it gives it a sort of whimsical look... And it proves once again that if you save something long enough there will be the perfect spot for it.
I have a special vision for the spine of this book but it will be a bit before I get that far.

3 comments:

Janet Stauffacher said...

Love, love, love your blocks, Gerry. About knits...single knits will always roll towards the "wrong" side. Interlocks, on the other hand, will always roll to the "right" side. Years ago when I managed a fabric store, that was the only way that we could figure out the right or wrong side of some of the knitted fabrics. The only way that you could possibly get the knitted trim not to roll would be to lightly starch it or try something like Magic Sizing that you used to be able to buy at the grocery store, but you might not like the feel of it then.

Marilyn said...

I love the different treatments on each block. And the knitted lace on the cover is just perfect. I'm sure your granddaughters will love such special gifts

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The ruched ribbon and knitted lace are perfect together - I think that block is my favourite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts