1/08/2017

UFO Project - Spider round robin block

Again this was a round robin but a traditional 12" block... The theme was "spiders".  I liked   the block when it came home but always felt it could be extra special with some fine tuning so it has been languishing in my UFO basket for years.  This should be a relative quick and easy project...but I have been known to turn quick and easy into complicated and lengthy.

I love the somber colors and the leery little Miss Muffet in the center.  The brighter pinks have to go and maybe more olive green lace added (would have to dye it) and definitely more spider webs.  There are many cool spiders there already..  I can see this framed out with spiders on the border... more gold also.  I have to pin this to a board and think about it...

I have a spider quilt I bought on ebay years ago and will get it out for inspiration...When I have it out I will photograph it to share because it is a gem.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

You seem to be in finish up mode. I am too, which is always nice. I finished a quilt top, just finished the Song Sparrow block and am working on one more project for a friend that has been in the pile on the ironing board. The pile is going down - of course that's not all the ufo's, but its a start. We're into the deep freeze today so its a good time to hunker down and work on finishing.

margaret said...

poor little miss muffet surroinded by all those spiders! Block looking good and yes agree re the pink.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It was fun to embiggen the picture and search for all the spiders and webs. Another one that will be so special when it's complete.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts