2/20/2017

My kitchen island... not suitable for HGTV

My work space in my kitchen is small.  The floor area is only 6'x7'...  Two people can work in there but they can't move... When I'm having a big dinner I set up a tiny folding table for my "kitchen island."  The pork loin is in the slow cooker, the apples and onions are on the stove caramelizing  and I'm cleaning the beans.  From my folding stool I can reach the stove and the sink...

When I watch HGTV and listen to people complain about a beautiful kitchen and how it has to be a "gut job" I just roll my eyes and think..."Give me a break please" It was a good prep time for Morris.. He had apple, celery, squash and green beans for treats.. Green beans not being his favorite.


The table had a valentine theme and the meal was a success.  I love cooking for friends and treasure a day of "breaking bread."



I'm taking a little break from the peacock block and decided to finish my block in the "Ladies Go to Lunch" RR from 2009.  My lady is Gertrude and last night I "dressed" her and tonight I'll create an outrageous hat for her while we watch an old movie from the 40s...  Her hat really need a feather...where can I find one the right size... hmmmmmmmmmmm! I think somewhere I have a container marked leather and feathers left over from my doll making days.  Will have to search.  She also needs some jewelry...

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm with you on people who have to have the "best of everything". What ever happened to being glad you have a house and can work to fix it up. I hope you find the perfect feather for Gertrude's hat. She deserves it :)

crafty cat corner said...

My kitchen isn't a fitted all singing and dancing one but people always say how nice it is, it's good not to follow the crowd.
Did you make the ladies faces, they are brilliant.
Briony
x

peggy said...

Is that Fostoria Navarre crystal on your table? It is so pretty, mine has not survived the years. I like your kitchen, love grows better in small places.

Marlynne said...

Love your Valentine table and Fun Doll. Cork Bortd in previous post is a good idea too!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think we have the same kitchen. While I am required to be off my feet for 4 more weeks, I have been watching A LOT of HGTV. I wonder where these "kids" get the money to buy a million dollar fixer uppper. My house is not big. 1300 sq ft sprawled out in small rooms. Too small to navigate my knee scooter comfortably, especially with two big dogs that ignore, MOVE PLEASE. Love your "lady". Hope you show her again when you find a feather.
xx, Carol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sometimes I wonder about those huge kitchens in some of those TV shows and think that they might find the space just to overwhelming in actual use. Also spend a lot of time wondering where those people get the money to do those massive renos - probably will end up in debt until the day they die. Give me a kitchen like yours (and mind) any day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts