2/21/2017

She who saves everything!!!

Gertrude has her new hat with lovely feathers....Now I can put borders on these blocks and finally make a book of my "Ladies Who Lunch"


It has been at least 12 years since I made a doll but I still have all the stuff... I knew if I saved everything I might need one little thing.. On a top shelf was a bin labeled "feathers, hearts and lady bugs." And in it were feathers of many colors....black, white, shades of pink,  and red, blue, green, and even purple.  I used to buy fancy feathers in the fly tying section of sporting goods stores.

Right next to it are two other important bins.. The most precious is the hankies, stockings and gloves.  I used fine hankies to make undies for my dolls.  I also was always looking for infant or toddlers lacey or fancy tights.  They were  the best for making stockings for my dolls.. And a real find were fine leather dress gloves to make doll shoes.. especially white ones I could dye.  These were especially difficult to find..

It is so validating to be able to use something I couldn't bear to get rid of...

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh dear, I have such a hard time getting rid of things and here you are saying its best to keep it. I'm just making a thrift store pile now while tidying up my quilting fabric cabinet. The cq one just needs to have a few things put back in the biscuit tins - don't need to purge anything in there.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have boxes of those treasures too. I know I should clean my room of things I probably won't use again. If someone that would use them would walk in the door what a great stash they could walk out with. I can't bare to see them go to Goodwill when I am gone. Love Gertrude and her special hat.
xx, Carol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Just goes to show that if you keep something long enough you will eventually find a use for it. I can keep things for years and then decide that I am NEVER going to use whatever it is and get rid of it, only to discover that I really should have kept it. Gertrude looks very fetching in her best high tea outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts